Sunday, June 24, 2007

Understanding God


I'm not a very religious person. Nor am I forced to be one. And so, visiting a place of worship has never been a routine task.

But temples actually calm me down. They have this tranquility about them that's rare. I don't believe that God actually lives there or even God is in an idol thats kept. But I do believe that faith in every form helps and can be miraculous.

Everyone has their own idea about God. Some meditate, some see him in the idols they worship, some in their parents...a million other probably. I think I'm too young to know all the forms God exists for mankind.

For me, God exists in our soul. Or, our soul is our God. When we pray and wish for something, we pray to ourselves. And if we actually believe in God (read ourselves), the wish is granted.

Ever read the saying, God helps those who helps themselves? If we work towards what we wish for and work hard enough, the immense faith and trust reciprocates and we call it a miracle. Impossible is made possible not because there is a higher force looking after us, but because the force within is strong enough to face any adversity.

So who created the world? Where does this force come from? God resides in the soul. But who created the soul?

Some questions remain unanswered. Growing up may change beliefs and might answer my questions. I'm not rigid, anyway!

God what's happening to me. Becoming too philosophical, eh? God help me! :)

8 comments:

  1. hey...some questions in life are better left unanswered...right....

    And its better to come to an innate understanding to certain things than thrash them out...it take the meaning out of them...I think the Essence Of God is one of those topics...

    I like the God is Self funda...very Zen...
    and I too believe in a faith...nothing that i can name...but it gives me something to hold on to in my times of weakness and even otherwise...My strength..
    neway..
    keep blogging
    cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6/26/2007

    very very philosophical n fundoo..

    ai agree with virtuvian

    ReplyDelete
  3. these questions often create a lot of complexities in mind. We keep searching for the answers and God remains an enigma.

    Well written

    Keep Blogging

    Happy Living!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything in this world has a reason! The problem is that we dont know what the reason is!
    So sometimes better to keep quiet than to question them! :)

    peace & love
    Jeevy

    ReplyDelete
  5. well that was philopsophical.. its just one question which cant be answered!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7/21/2007

    a good question to be asked in the tranquillity of temple! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @everyone here..i donno how i missed thanking u guys for commenting! thankuusss!!! :)

    @ gaziabont...when u visit a temple..the calmness is so amazing...that u lose all ur senses and believe god is in that idol. not saying its wrong..i believe in that theory too..but somehow my logical mind tells me to believe otherwise :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous8/02/2007

    what's a soul anyway? a transparent thingie that pops out of the body once we pop off?

    if god created the universe who created god? if god is uncreated, the universe might as well be uncreated.

    sorry :D. i felt like injecting some atheistic cynicisim in this debate.

    ReplyDelete

Your sweetness makes my day. Gentle criticism will be taken in the right spirit too :)