Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Rock On - rocks!!


I'm a huge Bollywood fan. I love all kinds of desi flicks - be it comedy, romance, drama, action, the works. Lately, big films with good star cast has been putting up a sad show and that's disappointing.

Amidst the hoopla around Bachna Ae Haseeno and Sing is King (which were BIG disappointments) comes Rock On. A simple film on life, love, passion, friendship, trust, belief and a whole gamut of emotions that's missing in all other films these days.

So Rock On is a FIVE STAR. Really. The film's script is never let lose. You always want to know what happens next. The story telling is dealt in the most amazing way ever.

The performances are outstanding. Farhan Akhtar is one God of Hindi Cinema. He's fabulous in the movie...with long and short hair both! Arjun Rampal is like a Greek God - just fell in love with him. Purab is a sweetheart. You'll love him for his one liners and his flirty character. Prachi Desai doesn't look like a bahu from the small screen. She's done a fab job as well.

The direction, the locations, the whole feel of the movie is superb. I can go on and on, but you have to watch it to believe it.

Last but not the least, the music. I'm no Rock critic. But the music makes you tap your feet and applause. You want to get up and dance, but sadly we dont do that in theatres. I really wish we could!

There's love, there's heart break and there's masala that you look for in a Bollywood movie. But with that, there's a message - Believe in your dreams and never let them go. The movie touches you and inspires you. You really shouldn't miss this one, trust me.

4 comments:

  1. I agree Rock on was good...totally fell in love with farhaan's voice! but I also liked Singh is Kinng...It was hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9/02/2008

    I do! :) Will be going with my family this coming Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love Prachi Desai's clothes in the film. So classy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @deeply dip...somehow singh is king didnt really make me laugh. i was laughing just for the heck of it!

    @det res: u will louveee it!

    @D...yeah, i noticed each one of them!she looked damn cute

    ReplyDelete

Your sweetness makes my day. Gentle criticism will be taken in the right spirit too :)