Tuesday, December 8, 2009

End of First's?

I celebrated my first wedding anniversary yesterday. It was a rocking first year of being married to my love of 5 years. Between all the smiles and tears, there was a feeling of satisfaction. It feels great to have someone by your side, someone to care for, someone to look upto, someone to love... strange how I can't imagine my life without him.

There were times in this year when I thought it was so much better when we were living our own lives and met each other in a few weeks. Then there were times when I thought how was I living away from him for 26 years of my life! But no matter what thought I had, I thanked God each day for sending an angel my way :)

When I look around and see guys around me, I feel I have the best deal! Yet there are times when it seems some things could improve. And then I argue with myself, what was life if it was perfect! And, well, are we ever satisfied?

I don't want to get into details as to how we celebrated our anniversary. Lets just say we did a lot of first's! As expected I didn't get any gift. I saved a whole lot of money to give one and was veryyyyyy happy with the response and the pampering I got. Of'course I wrote a poem to mark the occasion. It's depressing to think that the first has ended. I'm looking forward to the second's and I'm sure they will be better than ever before :)

If poetry could do it, I would grab our year in beautiful verses
If words could do it, I would fill pages with our experiences
No essays, no letters, no blog posts can express my feelings too
Just look into my eyes and you’ll know how much I love you!

If sky was the limit, my happiness would touch it
If fun was the criterion, it would surpass all measurement
No scales, no tests, just nothing can say I’m among the lucky few
Just look at my smile and you’ll know how glad I am to be with you!

1 comment:

  1. That is just so sweet. You deserve a lifetime of happiness.

    It is okay to think about what you have and what you don't. I think it keeps the perspective in place.

    ReplyDelete

Your sweetness makes my day. Gentle criticism will be taken in the right spirit too :)