Monday, April 12, 2010

Deadline uploaded

I just scanned through my posts in 2007... the year I started blogging. I love all the posts! Makes me wonder why I don't blog anymore. Its like a life's journal. You can see the state of mind clearly through those posts.

Probably when you're writing for a living you have the 'flow'. Now that I rarely do that, and I clearly cant explain why, I'm at a loss for words.

And so, I've decided. I have a story idea... for a book. As of now, I dont know if I'll publish it. I have no clue how I will go about it. I don't know if someone will read it! But write, I will.

Why am I writing this here? Well, I have a tendency to drop things even before I start. Writing this down helps me make a commitment. I also need a deadline. Lets make it April 2011.

It all sounds very stupid. What the heck, this is my space, my journal. Laugh if you wanna, i'll see you in 2011. With or without 'the book'!

11 comments:

  1. go for it... We all need such motivation.. I too often wonder if i were to make a book, how I'd go about it..
    And yes, going through old posts can be refreshing.. been writing since 2005.. that s a looooot of posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All d best!! Vl b lookin forward 4 d book nd b4 publishin it in paper y dnt u put it up here chapter wise??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's have some intermediate milestone dates also for this project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Roshan: you need lots of vela time for it. After my experience.. if its a successful one, I'll give you tips :D

    @Rohan: thanks for the support :). There's no way I'll put it here chapter wise... have u seen any great writers do that? :D

    @Sumit: With you by my side.. constantly reminding me.. I dont need intermediate deadlines. And I did make one last week, remember?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck. Will be right here waiting for your book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go for it!

    (BTW, have planned on a book by that time m'self) ;-)

    Would love to attend your book release first, though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm struggling guys!! hope to be determined :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. P.S. I'd just made a "best of" list in my site... why not try that first here.. show ur favs :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. keep at it.. dont give up.. Or else who'll I compete with at the Bookers in 2011.. or maximum 2012 ??

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Roshan: I like your 'best of' list.. but i've been infrequent on my blog since a long time. lets hope i can restart with the same enthu and then i'll make this list :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So i guess u would almost be done with the book by now. Let me know if u need any help publishing it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your sweetness makes my day. Gentle criticism will be taken in the right spirit too :)