Monday, February 28, 2011

35 years of 'love'!

We always blame our parents for our shortcomings. If you are a cleanliness freak, it’s because of your mom. If you have travel anxiety, it’s because your dad would have acidity 2 hours before every train/flight!

It’s only in moments of pride you think about the good things that you may have inherited. Like my mom’s an environmentalist who would carry plastic bags so that she doesn’t get an additional one. And now, I have the same habit as well. My dad is extremely punctual and so am I. I’ve always thought of myself as a mix of both my parents, you know, taken all the good points of both! Probably that’s why I’m perfect!

But one thing that I don’t like about my parents and myself is the inability to express love. Most parents in Indian families never even hold hands in front of their kids, atleast the generation I come from. Hugging and kissing is a taboo. I may have never told my parents or any family member if I like something about them or not. Even today if I want to go and tell them I love them, I don’t think I can.

Is this because they never expressed anything in front of us? Or is it just a personal characteristic? Well, it’s a shortcoming, let me just blame it on them and move on!

Nevertheless, tomorrow my mum and dad will be celebrating their 35th anniversary. And I want to wish them all the happiness in the world! That I can do :)

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. miss perfect...this lil post is perfect too! :)
    best wishes to uncle and aunty

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks det!

    and prachii.. teri 35th pe bhi aise hi likhungii.. but yess it will include a lot of louvingg :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. ur absolutely rt... same situation for me also... never express emotional feelings.. never see them holding hands... and yes, they too have finihsed 35 yrs !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. incidentally, u have a guest appearance in my new post !!

    ReplyDelete

Your sweetness makes my day. Gentle criticism will be taken in the right spirit too :)