Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Holiday Fever



I’ve been crazy during the last few months. Ever since we decided we’ll be taking a France – Switzerland trip this August, I’ve lost it! I’ve devoured Tripadvisor and as a result I’m seriously considering planning holidays for people now. I know what to do, where to stay, how to move, what to eat, where to shop, the list goes on and on.

Worse (or better), I’m taking French lessons and hope to master the language in a year or so! If this is not crazy then what is.

The boy is totally bugged. All he does is follow my instructions to get the print outs from office, exchange cash, make certain bookings and read his book while I stare at the screen. He's the bread earner (ahem!) and so he has the final word on everything. Or that's what other would see it as! All he wants to do is grab a bottle of beer and wander on the streets, something that we can’t do in the Middle East. I would love that too, but c’mon, not every day!

I’m really, really ,really excited and can’t wait to board the plane now! I've mastered quite a few Middle East destinations, have seen a bit of South East Asia but it's my first time outside Asia and so the thrill is expected. What is not normal is my days of planning! Hopefully, someday, life will teach me how to live more spontaneously. Till then, bear with my compulsive need to plan.

Au revoir people. Moi will be back in quinze days with Ile de France stories and breathtaking, ah, breathtaking pictures from the Swiss Alps! (I know, so far the French sucks!)


4 comments:

  1. Have fun girl.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy and safe journey! have fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Planning is good. Spontaneous people rely on fate to lead their way; I wouldn't say being spontaneous is a good thing.
    But I wonder, did any of this planning disturb your relationship with the boy?
    ...I just don't understand how people manage to stay together despite the menus they encounter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, Andrea, my relationship with the Boy started some 8 years back. He understands my need to plan and I understand his for spontaneity. We tend to balance it out by doing what the other likes as well.
    Love is all about doing things for each other. And when both can do that, neither feels his needs are being ignored.
    If your partner's happiness is important to you, it's a very simple deal :)

    ReplyDelete

Your sweetness makes my day. Gentle criticism will be taken in the right spirit too :)