Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Miracles and Memories - Part 1

The last few weeks have been extremely busy. My brother had the cutest little baby boy. In the entire extended family he is the first boy of his generation, ah, what pressure! My 5-year old niece use to sing songs for him when he was in the tummy. Now whenever he cries, she starts humming “Doe a deer…” loudly and if he stops she considers it an achievement! When she saw him for the first time her hands trembled on touching him. She softly mumbled “God bless you”. The cuteness in the house is unbeatable. I see their pictures numerous times everyday and just want to be with them. How can we love our nieces and nephews so much!?

When my sister-in-law was in the hospital my niece use to sleep with me. Since she is very close to me she had no issues. Fortunately her school had holidays during that time and I didn’t need to help her with that. The only day she had school we thought we would let her bunk. She woke up at 6 a.m. asking is it morning, and that she needed to go to school! She went and told all her friends how she had a baby brother now. A friend of hers asked “Why are you telling us!” Really, I haven’t seen anything more innocent! The niece also wanted to know the procedure of feeding the baby. Do you know why? She said when she had her own baby; she should know how she would feed him!

Such things make me want to be close to my hometown. I’m fortunate that I get to meet most of my family members and friends every time I go. But then there are some whom I’ve not seen for a long time and long for a glimpse.

Such is life. We meet, make sweet memories, laugh with each other and go on our respective ways. If we meet the one's we want to, it’s a blessing. If we can't, memories don’t help much! Do they?

6 comments:

  1. Hello Nisha, Just discovered your blog and liked what I read..I'm also away from family and miss them a lot especially during this festive season. Cheers to many more sweet memories

    Disha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, that is a very cute story and I can also relate to that living away from home. Looking forward to read more from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Disha, thanks for visiting! I get to meet my family and friends atleast twice a year. This year it was three times! That's the good part about living in the Middle East, so close to home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. u r lucky indeed to meet ur family so often! Life is all abt creating new memories each day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Bonkers: would love to see you around!!

    @Ria: Yes, I consider myself very, very lucky :)

    ReplyDelete

Your sweetness makes my day. Gentle criticism will be taken in the right spirit too :)