Monday, January 16, 2012

The time is Now!

In the last episode of How I Met Your Mother, Robin goes Live on television to bring in the New Year. She says that no matter what we’ve been through, New Year gives us all an opportunity to rethink our lives and start afresh. Although the series has turned boring and doesn’t interest me anymore, I have taken this statement of hers literally.

I don’t want to write another post on failure and disgust. I don’t want to brood anymore. I am not the person I’m seeing on this blog. I even wanted to discontinue this space and start afresh elsewhere. What I was writing bored me as well. I just didn’t do it because there are so many old posts that are close to my heart and I can’t let them go.

I always thought being content in life was the biggest gift. It infused positivity and happiness. I was content with life. I still am with a lot of things I am blessed with. No, I won’t dig into details and say what I’m not content with. That is exactly what I don’t want to do, at least here. I don’t want to talk about problems; I’m more into solutions and how to go about solving issues.

I have a plan and I’m going to stick to it. I’ll punish myself if I don’t. And don’t even ask me the kind of rewards I’ve planned for myself if I succeed! The repulsion I was feeling with myself in the last few weeks is slowly disappearing. I was my favourite (Yes, yes, that is Kareena Kapoor’s line) and I think, I think I am going to be my preferred choice again!


P.S. New Year does give you new opportunity. If there’s something you’ve been waiting to do all your life, this IS the right time.

3 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you say when mentioned discontinuing the blog. Tell me about it; I've thought AND done it a couple of times!! But yes, haven't deleted the blog completely and boy am I glad I haven't.

    Just thought I'll share the experience that I have while writing my blog. My blog isn't perfect either; sometimes all I do over there is rant. But then, there are other times when I'm happy and I have blogged. And the truth is, the blog is a reflection of my moods and in effect, who I am.

    I guess, all I'm trying to say is, be patient with yourself and let the blog continue to be a happy space; a friend you can always talk to. :)

    And oh yes, best of luck with the positive attitude. May you achieve everything you wish for. Happy New Year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. It would be like running away. I was just thinking about wordpress though.people think it's more grown-up like ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ~laughs~ Blogger... Wordpress... They're all what *WE* decide to make them.

    ReplyDelete

Your sweetness makes my day. Gentle criticism will be taken in the right spirit too :)