Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Nine... is it?

It's always a pleasure to count the number of years you've been together with your partner. It's fun when the person in front of you feels jealous and secretively counts the number of years he's been with his love!

It's been 9 for me. He caught me with a cheesy line and I gave in. He asked me if I was committed, and I told him it was on the rocks. Can't believe I said that. He fell in love with me soon after, and I ignored him. That day and today, I'm still running after him!

We never fight. When I confess this in front of someone, they make me think it’s a bad thing. I love him and he loves me. If there is something he's not comfortable with, I don't go ahead. And he, he always puts my comfort first. Neither of us has ever compromised. We just adjust to make each other happy. Probably it’s a good thing that he hardly ever says no! I feel guilty if I dominate him too much like all doting wives. When I apologise for the same, the guilt transfers!

Is it bad that there is too much understanding and warmth? It’s been nine years and we know each other through and through. The surprises that come our way amuse us rather than make us want to kill each other. Are we missing on the thrill of make-up sex!?

I guess not. I hate the sulking and brooding that goes into a fight. I wouldn’t want to trade my smiles with anything else! If the world is jealous with our 9 years, let them be. Some people call us role models. I’d try to live with just that!

4 comments:

  1. Millions crave for the partner who adjusts to your needs.. but when both partners are like that, its just brilliant.. when neither feel like they're being used and both are kind hearts looking out for the other person, there really isnt a better feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I'll say is I'm lucky :)
    touchwooood!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God Bless. Forever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet...yes its gr8 to count the yrs...I have known my hubby for the last 14 yrs and it feels gr8!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your sweetness makes my day. Gentle criticism will be taken in the right spirit too :)