Sunday, June 17, 2012

Kick that Butt.



Can you see that smoke oozing out of your mouth?

I can. And I can smell it too. I can even smell the inside of your mouth and can safely say it smells like a pit. Like a pit that has been used by roadside dogs that eat rotten bones because we only give fresh chapati to cows. More on that later.

I can also read the junk that has filled your mind. You’ve tried to quit, I know. You’ve promised many that you will quit. You’ve tried the patch/chewing gum/distraction therapy. But what to do, your life is so stressful that only a bud can light up your life. You’ve not tried hard enough, really, you haven’t.

Your mother/sister/wife/girl friend has been after your life since the day you took a drag the first time. You think you looked cool back then. You know how you look now? Like 10 years older than you ought to. You know how you will look in 10 years? Like a 50 year old.

Now, I’m all for older men. But not who have aged before they should have. You run 10 miles a day and that justifies your intention to kill yourself slowly. Stop kidding yourself. You know about the diseases that are waiting for you with open arms, don’t you? You know about the girl who wouldn’t bother to seal ‘it’ with a kiss because of the awfulness that fills your mouth? And don’t even get me started about the environmental damage that this puff is causing, leave alone the passive threat you are to me and my healthy cells.

I tell you today, it’s now or never. Kick that butt, will you?

8 comments:

  1. Anonymous6/21/2012

    It will make anyone go Eeks... good way to make people aware of what they are doing to themselves..

    ReplyDelete
  2. @going beyond: smoking makes me go eeks, then why not tell the person who's doing it!

    @Nikita: thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am an occassional smoker and have never been much fond of it. I know many folks who started fagging under peer pressure or for style, but are now worse off...and this includes both genders

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooo true! I love my friends, but I can't stand being around them when they smoke. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Pesto: I can't stand women who smoke either. They look like such wannabe's! I know what you mean by occasional smoker - at a bar or in the smoking zone(read: socializing zone) in office, right? A couple of drags in the week is still ok, anything beyond that is completely out of tolerance.

    @Cassandra: Yes, and if you tell them how ugly they look while smoking, they will disown you. Such is the power of cigarettes :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love my girls to bits but I don't like that they smoke like chimneys. They may not admit it very openly but I know they're using those butts as a security blanket for the insecure person they really are.

    Sadly, no ads ever convince them to quit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Addie: Ok, I've used 'he' too many times. I hate girls who smoke as well. Maybe more than boys. But since I have very few around me who do smoke, it doesn't bother me.
    I get what you're saying though.

    ReplyDelete

Your sweetness makes my day. Gentle criticism will be taken in the right spirit too :)