Sunday, July 15, 2012

The World has ended.



2012 was rightly predicted as the end of the world. Let us not wait for earthquakes or droughts; the end of mankind has already happened. It happened right in front of our eyes, in Guwahati, in full public view, when a mob of 20 molested a girl.

People watched, made videos and looked at the horrendous act in glee. Did you watch the whole thing on TV or researched for it on You Tube? Congratulations, you are one of the reasons mankind has ended. Did you forward the picture of the absconding bastards? No? Well done. You are one of those who would mock the world for its atrocious deeds and do nothing about it.  

I’m not a Hero either. By blogging about it I’m not doing anyone a favour. Being a woman I have been touched by disgusting men. I cried myself to sleep and didn’t do anything about it. I’m sure you or your mother,sister, wife or daughter has been ill-treated in one way or the other. We should have known that  by keeping mum we are preparing for our own doom. We should have judged the end of mankind then. 

If you and me who are not doing enough, the thousands who live in Guwahati sharing a neighbourhood with these men are turning a blind eye, the Police who is not able to catch the culprits with possibly all the clues and the Indian Government who is not taking this matter more seriously than the falling rupee and their candidate for the next, useless, Vice President, then isn’t this the end of Mankind?

I feel so small, so ashamed that I share the air with people who objectify women. I feel ashamed to know that half the population will blame the woman, you know, usne bhi kuch kiya hoga tabhi to uske saath aisa hua. I feel disgraced that people will thrash up a man for accidentally hitting a car but stay put when he touches a woman. I feel sad; deeply disheartened  that the Mankind has ended.




7 comments:

  1. Completely agree. This country has gone to the dogs. Such a sad state of affairs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, to pigs, as u rightly said on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7/16/2012

    Mankind, humanity all has come to and end. We are mere spectators and so are the so called rulers of this admonished country.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nail on the head..... when does this stop?

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ going beyond: There are criminals within the spectators as well. I hope someday they taste the bitter poison as well.

    @Nirvana: As a fellow blogger said - support female foeticide.
    I can't believe it has come to this ...we've lost all hope in humanity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really dont have any hopes of the government finding a solution for this.. it occured in mumbai 2006.. 6 years on, still the same. You need to put the fear of God into such men rather than just say its a bailable offence and shrug our shoulders.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Roshan: That could be one way of dealing with it. At the same time, we all know how people commit crimes in the name of God and Religion. I still believe if we have a strong law and order situation, these acts can be controlled if not fully abolished.

    ReplyDelete

Your sweetness makes my day. Gentle criticism will be taken in the right spirit too :)