Saturday, October 27, 2012

Grow old along with me, The best is yet to be



You pull my leg, you push me down,
You hate my smile, you love my frown.
You irritate me, bug me, make me angry,
And then darling, you say – the best is yet to be.

You cuddle, you kiss, you hug me tight,
In times of distress, you tell me it will be alright.
You bear my tantrums, you let me be me,
And then convince me how the best is yet to be.

You break my rules, you follow my traditions,
You encourage me loads, then criticize my creations.
You hold my hand, can mock me suddenly,
And then darling, you say – the best is yet to be.

Of love and hate, of smile and laughter,
I’ve loved each minute of being together.
I can’t imagine my life without thee,
So darling, grow old along with me, the best is yet to be!


For my darling husband, who’s turning THIRTY day after and doesn’t give it a tiny rat’s ass! I am, on the other hand, dreading the end of my awesome twenties in 21 days. And then I convince myself - the best is yet to be!


 This best-cake-I’ve-ever-had is a part of a week-long celebration. It had more Bacardi than Flour. Ping me for the recipe if you want a super happy, no, ecstatic husband! And since he would be super guilty if I ever bought him flowers, I made him paper flowers. Awww ;)
And oh, I forgot to mention, I got a Galaxy S3 as a return gift.



4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to both of you!
    And yes, 30s will be different time. Believe me you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Amit. I can already feel the change... and it's terrifying :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belated birthday wishes to your hubby! Have a great time together!
    Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete

Your sweetness makes my day. Gentle criticism will be taken in the right spirit too :)