Sunday, June 9, 2013

Line-Maro airports




- So a girl at this Lucknow counter tells me, ‘I like your lips’.
I didn't know where to go.


- Next time, same airport, another girl, ‘I like your teeth’.
That’s still ok! 


- A sardar at the Delhi airport, “Are you a frequent flier?”.

Me: “Umm, I don’t have any card.”

He: “No, no. Just that I’ve seen your name a lot of times.”
  

 - An immigration officer was going through my passport, “Punjabi, hmm?”. 

Me, smiling, “Yes”.

He, singing like a song, “ Kahan jaa rahi hainnnn,”.

Me, “Bahrain.”

He tries to find my visa but can't.

Me, “Visa is on page 26.”

He, singing, “Aapko to sabbbb pata hai.”

Uh!!!!

  
- The first time I came to Bahrain, the Boy told me to buy liquor from the arrival Duty Free shop. I was standing at the counter when an Arab smiled at me and said, "Do you have the money?" 
I gave him a nod and smiled back. I was later told that he would have easily given me all I needed. This country is notorious on Thursdays!
  

I have rude (don't-touch-anything-till-I-tell-you-to) , sweet (you-don't-look-married) and irritating (are-you-pregnant) immigration stories as well. But lets keep them for another day. I just wish that someday a cute guy would be at the counter or at immigration and would repeat the above lines. Now THAT would make for the best story ever.

P.S. I am happily married. A little flirting works wonders for the heart :) 

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous6/10/2013

    Certainly. little flirting doesn't hurt :) raining compliments :)

    What are you doing in Bahrain btw?

    ReplyDelete
  2. These 'compliments' have been raining over a period of time.. so I'm not ao thrilled. Lol!
    I'm the most vela person you will know. Doing absolutely nothing.. but this is by choice. So, no regrets :)
    I'm guessing you are a freelance writer, right? We do need to know each other better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally agree on the P.S :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too!? And you JUST got married ;)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I don't know how I'd react if my husband wrote the same P.S.! Haha, double standards!

      Delete
  5. Came here for the first time, nice post.
    the Sardar one's epic haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome here, Nameera!
      Like always, I understood pretty late that he was flirting! Anyway, I wasn't annoyed as much as I was with that immigration officer.. what a jerk he was. Ughhh!!

      Delete
  6. Hahaha, I too have my list of immigration stories but why do you buy at Airport in Bahrain? I thought booze was open there

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because at Duty Free you get stuff at half the price :)

      Delete

Your sweetness makes my day. Gentle criticism will be taken in the right spirit too :)