Thursday, March 20, 2014

I'm up for it!

Life’s been busy. I landed in Bahrain on 12th at 12: 30 p.m. I was up since 1:30 a.m., had an 8 hour journey with a stopover, but that didn’t deter me to head straight to my friend's house to catch up. She made me lunch and packed my dinner... ah, I’m glad to say missing home is extremely tough when you have such awesome people around!

Boy’s family will be here tomorrow and we have a hectic schedule for the next 12 days. Between packing and unpacking, I decorated the room for the 7-year old who will be visiting us for the first time. I am as excited as he is because this will be his first journey outside India. I want it to be really, really special for him. It will be the first time that a child will be in our home sweet home as well. I cannot wait, to say the least.

Blogging will definitely take a back seat when we will be exploring the Kingdom with ‘tourists’. Since I have been so irregular in the last 2 months, I thought to take up this challenge. I want to write and write lots. 26 posts in April – that should be fun. Hopefully this will kick-start the much awaited writing regularly habit. I am already jotting down ideas for A to Z!

This year I have just won one contest. Somehow the recent topics have not inspired me enough to participate. While I await results of two for which I did write, I was glad to see my name mentioned here. And it’s been more than 3 months, but as they say better late than never, I want to thank Roshan for mentioning my name in his interview. It made my day, no, week! And while searching for something, I landed on a story that I wrote eons back. That was my first prize ever. All this just reminds me that I need to write more and so I’m hoping the challenge to be a motivating force.

We will also be playing a quick Holi tomorrow before we head to the airport to pick up our guests. For people like us who live in a faraway land, Holi falls on a weekend before or after the actual date. Even though we are short on time tomorrow, I can’t miss these festivities. After all, this is the stuff life is made of – short and sweet memories.It is so funny when firangs see us all dirty. Last time a Britisher was with us in the elevator. He looked at us and asked in disbelief, “What happened????” We then explained it to him and he just smiled with awe. It is also a lot of fun to drive back home and get second/third looks from total strangers. Holi definitely rocks!

See you in a bit, people. Take a look at this website and think about participating in the challenge. And if not, pass on your ideas to me; I need lots of prompts!

Oh, and it's 4 p.m. and I am kind of postponing my shower for tomorrow. Who needs a wipe today when tomorrow I’ll need to scrub for an hour! Okayyy... I hear you; it's time to bathe :)


11 comments:

  1. haha postponing shower for tomorrow :p

    Glad you're as excited as the 7 year old

    You seem to be ignoring all my comments gal..not fair at all :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not ignore any comments! Comment moderation is on.. sooo!! Im glad to see u here :)

      Delete
  2. "ive won JUST ONE Contest" ROFL :)
    Such snobs you and I have become !! Only one contest victory in last 100 days.. damn, so sad :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah.. u see even neighbours have started asking. Lots of social pressure. We r not snobs.. we are just awfully talented and deserving winners!!!!!!! :D

      Delete
  3. Hope you have a freat reunion with the family and the lil one too!!
    Glad you are participating in the A to Z, looking forward to read more from you this April! Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have you as an inspiration. .. hope I am as hardworking :)

      Delete
  4. Enjoy your break in Bahrain and come back with lots of stories to share!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I live here in Bahrain. I shared stories from India earlier :)
      Hoping to see you more often here :)

      Delete
  5. Just one contest. Well enough already :P

    I'm up for this April contest too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha.. you will soon know what I have won next :p
      All the best to both of us... although you are a pro at writing so many posts in a month. This will be a first for me.

      Delete

Your sweetness makes my day. Gentle criticism will be taken in the right spirit too :)