Tuesday, April 8, 2014

G is for... Google Baba ki Jai*


*Translates as Hail Google...umm Guru?

It started with a Garmin GPS in our car. Bahrain roads were new to us and this sweetheart helped us to no end. 'In 600 metres take a U-Turn,' she would say in her sweet voice. We took her directions and blessed her every time we got lost. But then her software became obsolete and she took us via old dingy lanes. Poor thing, all kinds of expletives were used to curse her!

With the invention of Google Maps on all our phones, getting lost is not a problem anymore. I remember the first time we went on a holiday; we took a picture of our hotel and the lane it was situated in so that we can always find our way. Now, thanks to Google baba, we would always find our way. Isn't it amazing how these inventions have have made our life so much easier. I mean, we could never think of going to an unknown city without doing any kind of research. Now we can just pack our bags and venture out. You open the phone and it tells you the nearest ATM, closest Indian restaurant or whatever you want to know.

Not only roads, Google has made recipes easier. From Tandoori Chicken to Kahlua cake, Google has been a big facilitator in defining the kind of cook I have become. Google News, Google Translate, Google Docs... they have made our life so easy.

Googling effectively  was the one thing I learnt during my MBA days . Now I know what kind of words to put when I am looking for a particular thing. Usually I'm pretty smart in digging information from the WWW. All thanks to my post graduation in business administration!

Google even brings a smile with its auto-complete. Just check out the following. These brought a smile to my face; go to Google images for more Google auto-completes!




And so I say, Hail Google!! Even Blogger is a publishing tool by Google. Double hail Google!!


18 comments:

  1. Oh hahahahaahahahahha....I had so much to type but the auto-fillups cracked me up.
    I especially love google translation.
    Ever tried to translate "passion fruit" into Hindi?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me just do that!! What made you translate it, huh!?? Tell me, tell me!!!

      Delete
  2. Can Jesus save Bollywood? I dont think so :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah he can. Let him send the likes of Alia Bhatt and Arjun Kapoor and Ranbir Kapoor more often!
      See I can be Google!

      Delete
  3. Hahaha, try entering 'how to' and you would be amazed at what all options come up.

    I think Google should leave Jesus alone :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Google is trying to be Jesus!!

      And how to... well... Google can teach all 'that' but can't really teach all 'that'!!!

      Delete
  4. 'Let me Google it' is the most common phrase I use! Whatever it is, I know it will be there on Google!
    I sometimes wonder how it would have been with out Google... And I don't see a pretty picture...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. My husband is a wikipedia addict. He loves to tell people they are wrong by quoting wikipedia!

      Delete
  5. LOL :D Google is truly amazing. Cant get over that there's this search term "Can Jesus microwave a burrito??? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was amazed as well. Google is mind blowing!

      Delete
  6. All hail Google!!! :D
    I still remember my school teachers telling us not to use Google or anything else for assignments. .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can understand why not to use a calculator in school, but Google, c'mon, we can't learn everything!

      Delete
  7. Google has been crazy at autofill! But there are some brilliant writeups that come up too! Nice post...brought a smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. Their auto-fills and I'm feeling lucky are quite admirable.

      Delete
  8. LOL
    I can't even think of getting out without google maps..they saved the humanity :p
    google is fun..people actually ask google " am i pregnant" " am i beautiful" LOL what not..Monkeys are Good HAHA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monkeys are good 'people'!!!! And Monkeys are Mettalica fans! It is all so creative.

      Delete
  9. ha ha ha ha ha..... i am roflmao-ed here!!! :O :D

    ~S(t)ri
    Participant|AtoZ Challenge 2014
    Smile, it makes (y)our day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then read more and laugh - It is indeed a free therapy ;)

      Delete

Your sweetness makes my day. Gentle criticism will be taken in the right spirit too :)