Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Cricket Crazy Creatures!




Stuck in sticky situations many-a-time,
Banned to watch the IPL, like it was a crime.
Friends won’t leave us alone. Work, uh, it tries to come first.
In conditions like this, certain excuses I trust!

Once we promised a friend we would be at her place by 8,
The match was on, we were definitely going to be late.
We had to cook up a story that did not sound strange,
So I told her how a bird crapped on me and how I had to come back home to change!

Yes, yes, yes! It did sound genuine.
Want another justification? This could fool anyone:
One Semi-final night we had to deceive a friend who was rather cute,
We told her how we were being followed and how we had to re-route!

We are not mean, we just like to watch every ball,
If you know how cricket crazy we are, just don’t call!
And if you catch us off-guard, we have an excuse on the list:
‘Match? What match? We have to go to the dentist.’

Charitable event is yet another excuse we have used a couple of times.
We are down with viral? – yes sometimes.
We are mean, crooks you say?
Oh, we’ll be witty to watch the IPL anytime, anyday!

Here is the last crazy idea that has worked quite well:
We call the person and ring a bell.
'You are not home, it seems to me.
Oh, this is your old home, how silly I can be!'

Tch, Tch, Tch... now don’t say you pity our friends,
We are nice to them after May and make amends.
Sometimes these excuses don’t work and we just try to keep calm,
And then watch the Pepsi IPL on Star Sports.com.

You’ve seen the live streaming – have you or have you not?
Or your excuses always work – you’ve never been caught?
I, for one, always have this favorite feature on the website open.
Although I hope my plans always work. To that, let’s just say - Amen!


 

This post is a part of  Cricket just got better! Activity by starsports.com in association with BlogAdda.com.

My favorite feature - Live Video on Starsports.com - is a boon for cricket fanatics! Users are privileged to:

* Live feed and full replays of all matches. IPL is a 5 minute delayed stream. This facility is only available in India.
* Download the application  (which is free) and watch the live video on your phone, desktop, laptop or your tablet.
* If you are on a lower bandwidth, starsports.com uses adaptive streaming to display the best content.
* You can view player statistics, scorecards and social conversations - all while you are viewing the match LIVE
* You can pause & replay the match whenever you want and follow the match at you convenience.
* Read the FAQ's and watch cricket anywhere, anytime!

9 comments:

  1. Hahahahaha! Hats off to you heroine.

    Whattey beauty this was! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Ekdum sixer types, eh? C'mon now... you rhyme for IPL too!

      Delete
  2. Its awesome!!!!
    I loved it!!!
    No one can beat this, for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're awfully sweet to say that! Fingers crossed!

      Delete
  3. I have never watched an IPL Match or even Indo Pak Match..I get bored within few minutes

    AND thanks for your advice..I realized i am reacting way too much and things are still not as bad as I had imagined them to be..I need to be ;Positive sooner or I'll end up being a cry baby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you're fine now. Keep writing!

      Delete
  4. Anonymous5/08/2014

    What a sixer! Lovely. All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are not home, it seems to me.
    Oh, this is your old home, how silly I can be!'

    .....Its awesome!!!!


    ReplyDelete

Your sweetness makes my day. Gentle criticism will be taken in the right spirit too :)