Thursday, June 19, 2014

Look what you missed

So well, I was online when Facebook went down today. It was like being part of an earthquake and knowing that yes, the earth really shook. Fortunately it lasted for only about 20 minutes and breathing was reported back to normal. If you missed the action because you were living your dumb life, here is what could have happened to you as well:


# I had tears for 20 whole minutes because Bee’s inspiring quotes were nowhere to uplift my mood.

# I didn’t go to the gym because, well, no point going if I could not check-in.

# I forgot how happy my globetrotting friend’s lives were. 

# I missed R’s mother’s birthday because he could not wish her on FB. For the first time in years he could not tell her how much he loved her. sob sob

# Poor J, she cursed herself for being born on 19th June. Her Birthday wish count came down drastically.

# L frantically banged doors in the neighbourhood for candy crush requests. At level 356, she could not lose 20 precious minutes.

# I could not decide what to eat for breakfast because I couldn’t see what K was eating today.

# When I looked out of my window to check what humans were doing, a man actually gave me thumbs up and I politely gave him one back. The building had to call security.

# I missed where P's father's sister was heading because she could not check-in at the airport. How could I live like this?

# I fell down and broke a nail because I did not hit the like button on I-Like-to-be-bribed Lord’s picture for the site went down exactly at that second. Talk about misfortune.

# I was disturbed because I was listening to the latest song on Youtube and I could not tell anyone about my superior discovery.



# S refused to deliver the baby until Facebook was back again. She didn’t want her child to be born in a world where she could not instantly inform everyone that her princess was here.

# I don’t know about my other friends because they pretend that they don’t use FB. I am sure they were sitting in one corner and sulking as usual for being so unpopular, anti-social, real...
 

So if you were slogging at your stupid workplace and didn't get to know what it means to lose this Social Network Messiah, I pity your state. Meanwhile, some places did report the 20 most productive minutes of work. Although I think those guys were silly. They should have refreshed the page over and over again if their love for FB was really true.

And oh, what a pity, people in the USA were sleeping when the world turned upside down!!!! I am sure they now wish that the FIFA 2014 was being played in the Eastern Hemisphere.You know, then the whole world would have been wide awake and mourned together.

17 comments:

  1. Hahaha... Sarcasm alert!! :D

    I have a rule, to not open Facebook at work. I only read about the downtime later. Honestly, I wouldn't care much about it. For the 20 mins I spend on it everyday, I do not mind it going off for longer hours too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess with Twitter, whatsapp and Instagram around, we really don't need facebook. Its end is near..

      Delete
  2. Meh I did not even know about it.Lol.
    Your sarcasm has an awesome life of its own :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FB and sarcasm go hand in hand :)

      Delete
  3. hmmmmmmmmmmm FB well well thats one reason I dont even have a account on it ..

    and Hope S had her baby now :) he he he e

    Bikram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow... I admire people who don't have an account on FB. Some determination to stay away from all that's evil!

      Delete
  4. I am reading this for the second time today and laughing so hard :D Nisha, you really know how to take it up a notch ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're kind with your compliments, Shailaja. Thanks!!

      Delete
  5. Hahahahaha ROFL!!!
    I love these FB jokes... :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! We are actually living these jokes :D

      Delete
    2. Unfortunately that is the sad reality of life :-/

      Delete
  6. And to think that even thought it is sarcasm all of this is true! And there are specific terms in medical science to define addictions to whatsapp, facebook etc ! Who would have thought !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And this is just the beginning. Lets see what techno geeks have in store for us in the future.

      Delete
  7. Yeah, I was slogging away at that time and came to know about it only when everybody updated it on their wall. But your sarcasm here - Bang on !! :D :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're lucky Jyotsna! It was not worth it!!!

      Delete
  8. Super post for any die-hard FB-lover :) Am sure many mourned that day.
    Luckily I'm not using FB for about 3 years now (really & not pretending!)
    Got to learn from Twitter! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your sweetness makes my day. Gentle criticism will be taken in the right spirit too :)