Thursday, December 17, 2015

Movie Review – Dilwale


My Rating: 3.5/5



For starters, I’m not a very big Shahrukh or Salman fan. I find them charismatic and somehow never get bored during their movies. Yet, I don’t go crazy when I hear about their upcoming movies.

So when Dilwale shows were more than Bajirao Mastani’s in Bahrain cinemas, I was just fascinated. It is not surprising though, the theatre was filled with Arabs who are major Shahrukh fans. They were clapping all along as well! I was more keen to see a king’s love story, but the Boy thought he would be more interested in a masala film.

He couldn’t be more right – Dilwale is a typical Bollywood masala movie. It has romance between the epic Shahrukh Khan and Kajol. They look as cute together as they looked 20 years back. The chemistry between Kriti Sanon and Varun Dhawan is fine – they are any way not as passionate as the former couple. However, all four actors look absolutely stunning in the movie.

Then there is drama – Meera’s (Kajol) father and Kaali’s (Khan) father are dons and like one can expect, rivals. Some confusion and the duo are separated only to meet later and then unite for a – spoiler alert – happy ending!

But then this is a masala movie, it will have a happy ending. Johnny Lever was the most hilarious, so was Sanjai Mishra. The songs, except Gherua, were passable. It is commendable how a 50-year old actor can still manage awesome romance in the songs. Gherua was spell-binding.

Overall you won’t get bored watching the action, drama, comedy and romance that this movie meticulously combines. It has been long since we had a good Bollywood movie sans a message – this might just be the one. King Khan – you have done it again!


Hopefully I will convince the Boy to watch Bajirao tomorrow. What is with boys and their aversion to a little bit of bling!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for this review Nisha, I am glad to know that Dilwale isn't all that boring and can be seen one time.
    Go for Bajirao Mastani, I am so looking forward to see that one given the parallels drawn with Mughal-e-azam ( I'm a big fan of the latter).
    Movie time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone who has reviewed has almost said the same thing... it is a watchable no brainer. However I will never convince my English thriller loving hubby to watch this or Bajirao :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowow you are brave to put a review on the srk starrer.. what with all the political drama going on..

    I am going to see this today

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowow you are brave to put a review on the srk starrer.. what with all the political drama going on..

    I am going to see this today

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Your sweetness makes my day. Gentle criticism will be taken in the right spirit too :)